ABOUT THE BIBLE
We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as
- the verbally inspired Word of God
- inerrant in the original writing
- the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct
- complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man
We believe in one God infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who is the creator and sustainer of heaven and earth and everything therein.
We believe Jesus Christ, our Lord
- is God the Son from eternity
- is the only begotten Son of God
- was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of Mary while she was yet a virgin
- is true God and true man
- lived a sinless life on the earth
- died for our sins on the cross according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice
- was buried, and on the third day His crucified body was resurrected from the dead
- ascended into heaven, and is there in His present ministry for us as High Priest and Advocate
- assures the blessed hope through His personal and imminent return
ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
We believe that the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the blessed Trinity
- dwells in every believer
- is ever present to testify of Christ
- empowers the believer for godly living and service
ABOUT MAN AND SIN
We believe that
- man was created in the image of God
- man sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death which is separation from God
- all human beings are born with a sinful nature and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in word and thought and deed
We believe that
- the salvation of the believer comes only through Jesus Christ
- all who believe in Him are saved and justified on, and only on, the ground of His shed blood and His resurrection
- all who receive by grace through faith the Lord Jesus Christ, are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God, sealed by the Holy Spirit, and preserved unto the day of redemption
- all the saved are called into a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices, and are under obligation to all the world by life and word to the truth and proclamation of the Gospel
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the conscious everlasting punishment of the lost.
ABOUT THE CHURCH
We believe in one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all believers belong, and that the duty of the Church is to proclaim the Gospel of salvation to the world.
We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s supper are the two important ordinances of the Church as testimonies before God and all creation.
We believe that marriage was established by God as a creation ordinance, according to God’s creation of humanity in His image as male and female; and is therefore between one man and one woman as originally conceived, in a complementary covenant relationship of love and faithfulness for as long as they live.